Monday 23 December 2013

Quotes Corner: Jennifer Lawrence



One of the most talked about stars of the year, Jennifer Lawrence has cemented herself as a mega-star amongst mega-stars in Hollywood this year. 

From that Oscar winning performance in Silver Linings Playbook to the lead role in box-office hit The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the down-to-earth Lawrence is also a hit among fans for her refreshing and straight-talking attitude towards the industry and everything that is associated with it. 

It's this witty turn-of-phrase that this edition of Quotes Corner commemorates; I've dug around to find some of the best and funniest quotes from the mouth of Ms. Lawrence, on everything from movie roles, dieting and...farting. Enjoy!

On food and weight
"People are built the way they are built. You know, there's a quote, that Kate Moss quote that's like, 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' and I'm like, I can name a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels. Potatoes, bread...Philly cheese steaks and fries."

On selecting movie roles
"I never play character that are like me because I'm a boring person. I wouldn't want to see me in a movie"

On acting
"Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody's like, 'How can you remain with a level head' and I'm like, 'Why would I ever get cocky? I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid'"

On dancing
"I'm a horrible dancer! I'm like a dad at prom. I look like Gumby getting electrocuted."

On getting a check-up
"I just went to the doctor today, I got a chest X-ray of my lungs and discovered that my breasts are uneven"

On skinning a squirrel in Winter's Bone
"I should say it wasn't real, for PETA. But screw PETA"

On farting
"As soon as somebody farts around me, I think it's hilarious. This is something my brothers did that now the boys at work are obsessed with. You cup it, and then you throw it in someones face and say, 'Take a bit out of that cheeseburger!'"

Appearing on Jay Leno, explaining what she told passenger in a car accident
"I'm sorry that I hit your family. I thought I saw Honey Boo Boo." 

On teenagers
"Teenagers only have to focus on themselves - its not until we get older that we realise that other people exist."

On being a film-star
"Don't go see the movies, I'm a troll. I think the movie was great, but their biggest mistake was me."

On preparing for the red carpet
"It's so scary. And then I end up getting so nervous that I get like [I am]  now. I get really hyper. So then I go in interviews and I'm like, 'I'm a chihuahua! I'm shaking and peeing!' And then afterwards, I'm like, I just talked about peeing on the red carpet."

On peeing
"I'm the fastest pee-er ever. I'm famous for it"

On answering questions after winning her Oscar for Best Actress
"This isn't like an auction, right? You guys aren't going to take it away?"

On being funny
"Why aren't you laughing at me? Everything I say is funny and adorable"

On the contents of her purse during the Oscars
"Candy, almonds, my phone, a Baby Ruth, Laffy Taffy..."

Oh, and what Jen Lawrence would be complete without some hilarious GIF's? Here you are!








Thanks for reading everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...