Tuesday 29 December 2015

Quotes Corner - 2015 Edition


Quotes Corner is a regular feature that I run where I compile the wittiest, snappiest and most memorable lines (for better or worse) from a particular TV show, film or celebrity - in the past I've covered Modern Family, Community and Jennifer Lawrence to name just a few.

But, in the spirit of December and looking back at the year that was, I've decided to collect together a bumper edition of my favourite movie quotes from the year - whether they were great (The Martian) or awful (Fifty Shades of Grey), these one-liners helped shape cinema in 2015. Which are your favourite?

"I’m a Catholic whore who works at a military abortion clinic and I have a black Jewish boyfriend. Hail Satan." - Harry Hart (Colin Firth), Kingsman: The Secret Service


"The thing about street fights - the street always wins" - Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), Fast and Furious 7

"You just earned yourself a dance with the devil, boy." - Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), Fast and Furious 7


"Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat" - Dr Wu (BD Wong), Jurassic World

"You just went and made a new dinosaur? Probably not a good idea..." - Owen (Chris Pratt), Jurassic World


"I don't want to come off as arrogant here, but I'm the greatest botanist on this planet" - Mark Watney (Matt Damon), The Martian


"Mars will come to fear my botany powers" - Mark Watney (Matt Damon), The Martian 

"If we are going to have a secret project called 'Elrond', then I want my code name to be 'Glorfindel'" - Teddy Sanders (Jeff Daniels), The Martian

"Nothing kills me. I'm immune to 179 different types of poison. I know because I ingested them all at once when I was deep undercover in an underground poison-ingesting crime ring" - Rick Ford (Jason Statham), Spy


"Chewie, we're home" - Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"You...you're afraid...that you'll never be as powerful as Darth Vader!" - Rey (Daisy Ridley), Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"How do we blow it up? There's always a way to do that" - Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Star Wars: The Force Awakens
"I didn't think there was this much green in the whole galaxy..." - Rey (Daisy Ridley), Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"Do I talk first or you talk first? I talk first?" - Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"Can you believe that animals live in our houses and everyone's cool with it? Real animals" - Earl (RJ Cyler), Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

"You gonna play with them titties?" - Earl (RJ Cyler), Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

"See, you're done with the past, but the past is not done with you" - Gordo (Joel Edgarton), The Gift

"I just wanted to sing Seal with my family like normal people" - Rusty Griswold (Ed Helms), Vacation



"Join the IMF. See the world, on a monitor, in a closet" - Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg), Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation


"I think we should call the Avengers" - Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), Ant-Man

"Sorry I'm late, I was saving the world. You know how it is" - Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), Ant-Man

"Baskin-Robbins always finds out" - Gale (Gregg Turkington), Ant-Man

"You're full of shit Scott" - Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), Ant-Man


"You are a kite dancing in a hurricane, Mr. Bond" - Mr White (Jesper Christensen), Spectre

"It was me, James. The author of all your pain" - Oberhauser (Christoph Waltz), Spectre

"Do you know what I'm afraid of? Nothing" - Kaulder (Vin Diesel), The Last Witch Hunter

"One step at a time. One punch at a time. One round at a time" - Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone), Creed

"The carrots are cooked!" - Philippe Petit (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), The Walk


"Well, I was born yesterday" - Vision (Paul Bettany), Avengers: Age of Ultron


"Language!" - Steve Rogers (Chris Evan), Avengers: Age of Ultron

"I once had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me" - Ultron (James Spader), Avengers: Age of Ultron

"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door, please be a secret door - yay!" - Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jnr), Avengers: Age of Ultron
"I was about to have sex with my hitman" - Kate Macer (Emily Blunt), Sicario

"You're asking me how a watch works. For know we'll just keep an eye on the time" - Alejandro (Benicio del Toro), Sicario


"Would you mind getting inside the oven to clean it?" - Grandma (Deanna Dunagan), The Visit


"Speak a little truth and people lose their minds" - Ice Cube (O'Shea Jackson Jnr), Straight Outta Compton

"Is that a wiener in your mouth or are you just happy to see me?" - Bianca Piper (Mae Whitman), The Duff


"Kim must die, it's the American way" - Dave Skylark (James Franco), The Interview

"They hate us because they anus!" - Dave Skylark (James Franco), The Interview

What were your favourite movie quotes from 2015? Are there any that I missed? Let me know in the comments section down below!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! The Martian has so many amazing quotes. They had even more in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was awesome! I like that they found the space to include that infamous Aquaman line in some of the promotional webisodes.

      Delete
  2. I think The Martian is defintely the most quotable, but we were calling those carrots cooked for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how quotable The Martian was, and the book was even better!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...